> Science & Mathematics
Course No: CHEM.1210-011; SIS Class Nbr: 1038; SIS Term: 3240
Course Status: Registration Closed
Provides an introduction to the basic concepts of chemistry through classroom discussions and demonstrations. Topics include chemical calculations, atomic structures, the periodic table, basic bonding theory, solutions, liquids, and gases. Restricted to science, health science, engineering, and engineering technology majors.
Prerequisites, Notes & Instructor
- Prerequisites: Co-Req:CHEM.1230L & Anti-Req:CHEM.1110 & CHEM.1350; Anti-Req:Students only can receive credit for one of the following fr-lvl chem I lect/lab courses:CHEM.1110/1130L,CHEM.1210/1230Lor CHEM.1350/1230L.Academic petition is required for anti-req exceptions.
- Special Notes: SL
- Core Codes: STAR, SCL
- Credits: 3; Contact Hours: 4
- Instructor: Javier Horta
UMass Lowell Bookstore
When Offered & Tuition
- M,W-Th | 2:00 PM-5:30 PM EDT
- 2023 Summer: May 15 to Jun 28
- Course Level: Undergraduate
- Note: There is a $30 per semester registration fee for credit courses.
Friday Class Meetings for Live Online and On-Campus Courses
Unless otherwise noted above
- Summer Start I M/W classes begin on Monday May 15 and include 3 FRIDAYS: May 19, June 2 and June 16 at the regularly scheduled hours.
- Summer Start I T/Th classes begin on Tuesday, May 16 and include 2 FRIDAYS: May 26 and June 9 at the regularly scheduled hours.
- Summer Start II M/W classes begin on Wednesday, July 5 and include 2 FRIDAYS: July 7 and July 21 at the regularly scheduled hours.
- Summer Start II T/Th classes begin on Tuesday, July 6 and include 3 FRIDAYS: July 14, July 28 and August 4 at the regularly scheduled hours.
Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of the information presented in this catalog. However, the Division of Graduate, Online & Professional Studies reserves the right to implement new rules and regulations and to make changes of any nature to its program, calendar, procedures, standards, degree requirements, academic schedules (including, without limitations, changes in course content and class schedules), locations, tuition and fees. Whenever possible, appropriate notice of such changes will be given before they become effective.