> Engineering/Engineering Technology
Course No: CHEN.4130-011; SIS Class Nbr: 1014; SIS Term: 3240
Course Status: Registration Closed
An introduction to chemical process control. Description of processes and equipment by differential equations and the Laplace transform. Development of block diagrams. System stability is studied by both root locus and frequency response methods. May be taken for graduate credit.
Prerequisites, Notes & Instructor
- Prerequisites: CHEN.3030 Fluid Mech., & CHEN.3040 Heat Transfer, & CHEN.3060 Transport Phenomena, & CHEN.3100 Sep. Proc. with Mass Transfer, & CHEN.3170 Applied Mathematics with Matlab, & MATH.2340 Differential Equations , or MATH.2360 Eng.Diff. Equations.
- Core Codes: STEM
- Credits: 3; Contact Hours: 3
- Instructor: Glenn Dissinger
UMass Lowell Bookstore
When Offered & Tuition
- M,W-Th | 3:30 PM-5:50 PM EDT
- 2023 Summer: May 15 to Jun 28
- Course Level: Undergraduate
- Note: There is a $30 per semester registration fee for credit courses.
Friday Class Meetings for Live Online and On-Campus Courses
Unless otherwise noted above
- Summer Start I M/W classes begin on Monday May 15 and include 3 FRIDAYS: May 19, June 2 and June 16 at the regularly scheduled hours.
- Summer Start I T/Th classes begin on Tuesday, May 16 and include 2 FRIDAYS: May 26 and June 9 at the regularly scheduled hours.
- Summer Start II M/W classes begin on Wednesday, July 5 and include 2 FRIDAYS: July 7 and July 21 at the regularly scheduled hours.
- Summer Start II T/Th classes begin on Tuesday, July 6 and include 3 FRIDAYS: July 14, July 28 and August 4 at the regularly scheduled hours.
Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of the information presented in this catalog. However, the Division of Graduate, Online & Professional Studies reserves the right to implement new rules and regulations and to make changes of any nature to its program, calendar, procedures, standards, degree requirements, academic schedules (including, without limitations, changes in course content and class schedules), locations, tuition and fees. Whenever possible, appropriate notice of such changes will be given before they become effective.