> Science & Mathematics
Course No: CHEM.3440-011; SIS Class Nbr: 1075; SIS Term: 2940
Course Status: Registration Closed
Covers basic physical chemical topics: laws of thermodynamics, solutions, chemical and phase equilibria, electrochemistry, kinetics, atomic, and molecular structure. Meets Core Curriculum Essential Learning Outcome for Quantitative Literacy (QL).
Prerequisites, Notes & Instructor
- Prerequisites: MATH 2310 Calculus III, CHEM 1220 Chemistry II, PHYS 1410 Physics I; Co-Req CHEM 3460L Physical Chem Lab I or Chemical Engineering (BS) or Chemistry (BS).
- Special Notes:
- Section Notes: Virtual Classroom Course
- Core Codes: SCL, VRCL, QL
- Credits: 3; Contact Hours: 3
- Instructor: James Whitten
UMass Lowell Bookstore
When Offered & Tuition
- T,Th | 6:00 PM-8:50 PM EDT
- Summer 2020: May 18 to Jun 29
- Course Level: Undergraduate
- Tuition: $1020
- Note: There is a $30 per semester registration fee for credit courses.
Friday Class Meetings for Virtual Courses
Unless otherwise noted above
Summer Start I M/W classes begin on Monday May 18 and include 3 FRIDAYS: May 22, June 5 and June 19 at the regularly scheduled hours.
Summer Start I T/Th classes begin on Tuesday, May 19 and include 2 FRIDAYS: May 29 and June 12 at the regularly scheduled hours.
Summer Start II M/W classes begin on Monday, July 6 and include 2 FRIDAYS: July 10 and July 24 at the regularly scheduled hours.
Summer Start II T/Th classes begin on Tuesday, July 7 and include 2 FRIDAYS: July 17 and July 31 at the regularly scheduled hours.
Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of the information presented in this catalog. However, the Division of Graduate, Online & Professional Studies reserves the right to implement new rules and regulations and to make changes of any nature to its program, calendar, procedures, standards, degree requirements, academic schedules (including, without limitations, changes in course content and class schedules), locations, tuition and fees. Whenever possible, appropriate notice of such changes will be given before they become effective.