> Science & Mathematics
Course No: MATH.3220-031; SIS Class Nbr: 1561; SIS Term: 3240
Course Status: Open Added 2/24/23
Examines graph theory, trees, algebraic systems, Boolean algebra, groups, monoids, automata, machines, rings and fields, applications to coding theory, logic design, and sorting.
Prerequisites, Notes & Instructor
- Prerequisites: MATH.2190 Discrete Structures I (Formerly MATH.3210), or MATH.3600 Mathematic Structure for Computer Engineers.
- Section Notes: Be advised: This online course has at least one test or exam that will need to be proctored virtually by a company that the University has contracted for this service. Virtual proctors will take security measures, including a scan of your testing environment and photo ID check. There is no additional charge to the student for this. Online students will also have an option to take exams on campus if they choose not to use a virtual proctor. There will be no additional cost if students choose to take exams on campus. Detailed information about how the virtual proctored exam works will be available to you in Blackboard when the course begins.
- Core Codes: MATH, STEM
- Credits: 3; Contact Hours: 3
- Instructor: Ravi Montenegro
UMass Lowell Bookstore
When Offered & Tuition
- Online Course
- Summer 2023: May 15 to Aug 06
- Course Level: Undergraduate
| Pay as little as $580/mo for this course.
Learn more about course payment plans. »
- Note: There is a $30 per semester registration fee for credit courses.
Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of the information presented in this catalog. However, the Division of Graduate, Online & Professional Studies reserves the right to implement new rules and regulations and to make changes of any nature to its program, calendar, procedures, standards, degree requirements, academic schedules (including, without limitations, changes in course content and class schedules), locations, tuition and fees. Whenever possible, appropriate notice of such changes will be given before they become effective.