What is a Permission Number?
Non-degree students need a permission number to enroll in a course if:
- There is a prerequisite for the course and you have not taken the prerequisite at UMass Lowell.
- It is a graduate-level course (any course at the 5000 level or above, with the exception of PSYC 5610 and 5620).
- It is a UMass Lowell on-campus course not offered through the Division of Graduate, Online & Professional Studies.
How do I get a permission number?
For any courses offered through the Manning School of Business, please email:
- For undergraduate courses: ManningSchoolofBusiness@uml.edu
- For graduate courses: email@example.com
- For all other courses (unless otherwise noted), students should contact the instructor directly. To find an instructor's contact information, please search the UMass Lowell Directory
- Permission numbers are given out at the instructor's discretion.
When I get a permission number, what do I do next?
- Once you obtain a permission number, please include it in the course information section on the Non-Degree Registration form.