> Engineering/Engineering Technology
Course No: EECE.4500-045; SIS Class Nbr: 1609; SIS Term: 3240
Course Status: Registration Closed
Design of logic machines. Finite state machines, gate array designs, ALU and 4 bit CPU unit designs, micro-programmed systems. Hardware design of advanced digital circuits using XILINX. Application of probability and statistics for hardware performance, and upgrading hardware systems. Laboratories incorporate specification, top-down design, modeling, implementation and testing of actual advanced digital design systems hardware. Laboratories also include simulation of circuits using VHDL before actual hardware implementation and PLDs programming.
Prerequisites, Notes & Instructor
- Prerequisites: EECE.2650 Logic Design, and EECE.3650 Electronics I, and EECE.3110 Electronics I Lab, and EECE.3170 Microprocessor Systems Design I, or permission of Instructor.
- Section Notes: Live Online Course; EECE 4500/5500 combined
Live Online Course; Attend class remotely during specific days and times (sometimes referred to as synchronous learning). Instructors may deliver lessons from an off-campus location, from a campus classroom, lab or studio, and you¿ll also make use of Blackboard, UMass Lowell¿s online learning management tool.
- Core Codes: STEM, ONLINE SYN
- Credits: 3; Contact Hours: 3
- Instructor: Martin Margala
UMass Lowell Bookstore
When Offered & Tuition
- M,W | 6:30 PM-9:20 PM EDT
- 2023 Summer: May 15 to Jun 28
- Course Level: Undergraduate
| Pay as little as $580/mo for this course.
Learn more about course payment plans. »
- Note: There is a $30 per semester registration fee for credit courses.
Friday Class Meetings for Live Online and On-Campus Courses
Unless otherwise noted above
- Summer Start I M/W classes begin on Monday May 15 and include 3 FRIDAYS: May 19, June 2 and June 16 at the regularly scheduled hours.
- Summer Start I T/Th classes begin on Tuesday, May 16 and include 2 FRIDAYS: May 26 and June 9 at the regularly scheduled hours.
- Summer Start II M/W classes begin on Wednesday, July 5 and include 2 FRIDAYS: July 7 and July 21 at the regularly scheduled hours.
- Summer Start II T/Th classes begin on Tuesday, July 6 and include 3 FRIDAYS: July 14, July 28 and August 4 at the regularly scheduled hours.
Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of the information presented in this catalog. However, the Division of Graduate, Online & Professional Studies reserves the right to implement new rules and regulations and to make changes of any nature to its program, calendar, procedures, standards, degree requirements, academic schedules (including, without limitations, changes in course content and class schedules), locations, tuition and fees. Whenever possible, appropriate notice of such changes will be given before they become effective.