> Science & Mathematics
Course No: MATH.1220-081; SIS Class Nbr: 1241; SIS Term: 3240
Course Status: Registration Closed
Review of difference quotient, least squares modeling, limit of difference quotient, differential calculus: derivatives, differentials, higher-order derivatives, implicit differentiation, relative and absolute maxima and minima of functions, and applications of derivatives to business and economics. Integrals and applications to business. No credit in Science or Engineering.
Prerequisites, Notes & Instructor
- Prerequisites: MATH.1200 Precalculus Math I, or MATH.1205 Applied Precalc, or MATH.1210 Mgmt Precalculus, or MATH.1225 Precalculus Math I, or MATH.1230 Precalculus Math II, or MATH.1270 Prep for Calc, or MATH.1280 Calculus 1A, or ALEKS score of 55 or higher.
- Section Notes: Live Online Course; Be advised: This online course has at least one test or exam that will need to be proctored virtually by a company that the University has contracted for this service. Virtual proctors will take security measures, including a scan of your testing environment and photo ID check. There is no additional charge to the student for this. Online students will also have an option to take exams on campus if they choose not to use a virtual proctor. There will be no additional cost if students choose to take exams on campus. Detailed information about how the virtual proctored exam works will be available to you in Blackboard when the course begins.
Live Online Course; Attend class remotely during specific days and times (sometimes referred to as synchronous learning). Instructors may deliver lessons from an off-campus location, from a campus classroom, lab or studio, and you¿ll also make use of Blackboard, UMass Lowell¿s online learning management tool.
- Core Codes: STAR, MATH, STEM, ONLINE SYN, ARCH
- Credits: 3; Contact Hours: 4
- Instructor: Marvin Stick
UMass Lowell Bookstore
When Offered & Tuition
- T | 8:30 PM-9:45 PM EDT
- 2023 Summer: May 15 to Jul 09
- Course Level: Undergraduate
- Note: There is a $30 per semester registration fee for credit courses.
Related Programs: A.S. in Business Administration, B.A. in Economics, B.S. in Business Administration
Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of the information presented in this catalog. However, the Division of Graduate, Online & Professional Studies reserves the right to implement new rules and regulations and to make changes of any nature to its program, calendar, procedures, standards, degree requirements, academic schedules (including, without limitations, changes in course content and class schedules), locations, tuition and fees. Whenever possible, appropriate notice of such changes will be given before they become effective.