> Health Sciences
Course No: NURS.3080-001; SIS Class Nbr: 7773; SIS Term: 3010
Course Status: Open
This course is designed as a transition course for registered nurse students pursuing a baccalaureate degree with a major in nursing. It introduces the theory and research related to the concepts of health/ promotion and risk reduction. These concepts are presented as essential components of professional nursing practice. This course includes a clinical practicum which focuses on the development of interventions to promote the health of individuals and families. This course aims to refine critical thinking skills and analyze nursing's unique contribution to health care. Consideration is given to the interrelationships of theory, research and practice.
Prerequisites, Notes & Instructor
- Prerequisites: Co-req: NURS.3090 Health Promotion in Nursing Practice Practicum. and Academic Plan Nursing (BS); RN's only.
- Special Notes:
- Section Notes: Virtual Classroom Course;Blended Course;ZOOM meeting Tuesday evenings Sept 1, Sept 15, Sept 29, Oct 27,Nov 17 and Dec 1.
- Core Codes: LBLD, DCA, NOPNC, VRCL
- Credits: 2; Contact Hours: 1
UMass Lowell Bookstore
When Offered & Tuition
- Fall 2020: Sep 01 to Dec 18
- Course Level: Undergraduate
- Tuition: $680
- Note: There is a $30 per semester registration fee for credit courses.
Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of the information presented in this catalog. However, the Division of Graduate, Online & Professional Studies reserves the right to implement new rules and regulations and to make changes of any nature to its program, calendar, procedures, standards, degree requirements, academic schedules (including, without limitations, changes in course content and class schedules), locations, tuition and fees. Whenever possible, appropriate notice of such changes will be given before they become effective.