Advance Your Nursing Career
Today's nurses must be able to care for patients in a variety of health care settings, attend to the needs of the growing number of older Americans, and work with diverse populations. As a top-ranked research university, UMass Lowell offers one of the most affordable and respected nursing programs available — one that is trusted by employers throughout Massachusetts and beyond.
This part-time RN to BS program is suitable for licensed nurses who are looking to complete their bachelor's degree while working. The blended format offers the flexibility of online learning, along with the opportunity to connect face-to-face with instructors and classmates at convenient times for working adults. When you apply to the RN to BS program at UMass Lowell, 39 credits are automatically awarded for your current Massachusetts RN license.
- refining critical thinking skills
- learning new techniques to deliver a holistic approach to patient care
- exploring the professional norms and ethical standards that are essential for values-based management and leadership
- examining theory and research related to professional nursing practice
- gaining in-depth knowledge of the U.S. health care delivery system, with an emphasis on the role of government and current health care reform efforts
- cultivating a strong awareness of research ethics and the impact research has on health care practice and policy