> Science & Mathematics
Course No: MATH.1220-082; SIS Class Nbr: 13562; SIS Term: 3110
Course Status: Open
Review of difference quotient, least squares modeling, limit of difference quotient, differential calculus: derivatives, differentials, higher-order derivatives, implicit differentiation, relative and absolute maxima and minima of functions, and applications of derivatives to business and economics. Integrals and applications to business. No credit in Science or Engineering.
Prerequisites, Notes & Instructor
- Prerequisites: MATH.1200 Precalculus Mathematics I, or MATH.1210 Management Precalculus, or MATH.1270 Preparation for Calculus, or MATH.1280 Calculus IA, or MATH.1290 Calculus IB,or ALEKS score of 67 or higher.
- Special Notes: MA. No credit toward degree in science or engineering. Students may receive credit for only one of the following courses: 92.122, 19.125, or 92.131.
- Section Notes: Please Note: Unlike other online courses, this accelerated online math class will have two optional live chats each week, and will run on a Sunday-Weds / Thurs-Saturday schedule with activities and assignments potentially due twice a week.
- Core Codes: STAR, MATH, STEM
- Credits: 3; Contact Hours: 3
- Instructor: Marvin Stick
UMass Lowell Bookstore
When Offered & Tuition
- Online Course
- Fall 2021: Oct 25 to Dec 18
- Course Level: Undergraduate
- Tuition: $1140
- Note: There is a $30 per semester registration fee for credit courses.
Related Programs: B.S. in Information Technology, B.S. in Business Administration, A.S. in Business Administration, A.S. in Information Technology
Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of the information presented in this catalog. However, the Division of Graduate, Online & Professional Studies reserves the right to implement new rules and regulations and to make changes of any nature to its program, calendar, procedures, standards, degree requirements, academic schedules (including, without limitations, changes in course content and class schedules), locations, tuition and fees. Whenever possible, appropriate notice of such changes will be given before they become effective.