> Management & Business
Course No: POMS.6010-021; SIS Class Nbr: 1714; SIS Term: 2840
Course Status: Registration Closed
Examines the strategic and tactical operations processes of manufacturing and service firms that foster global competitiveness. This course focuses on traditional and newer approaches including just-in-time, total quality management, MRP, flexible manufacturing systems, and capacity and management that lead to an integrated operations strategy. Cost reductions, flexibility, and market responsiveness are also considered.
Prerequisites, Notes & Instructor
- Prerequisites: Matriculated MBA Manning who have completed ACCT.5010,FINA.5010,MKTG.5010,POMS.5010,MGMT.5010 and MGMT.5110 OR Matriculated MSF who have completed ACCT.5010 and FINA.5010 OR permission of MBA coordinator or MSA or MS ITE students.
- Special Notes: If not currently matriculated in a Manning School of Business program, please contact the MBA staff at MBA@uml.edu or call 978-934-2848 for permission to take courses.
- Section Notes:
- Credits: 3; Contact Hours: 3
- Instructor: Keith Poirier
UMass Lowell Bookstore
When Offered & Tuition
- M,W | 6:00 PM-8:50 PM EDT
- Summer 2019: Jul 08 to Aug 15
- Course Level: Graduate
- Tuition: $1725
- Note: There is a $30 per semester registration fee for credit courses.
Friday Class Meetings for On Campus / Face-to-Face Courses
Unless otherwise noted above
Summer I Mon/Wed Evening Courses: Meet May 20-July 1 and include 3 FRIDAYS: May 24, June 7 and June 21 at the regularly scheduled hours.
Summer I Tues/Thurs Evening Courses: Meet May 21-July 1 include 2 FRIDAYS: May 31 and June 14 at the regularly scheduled hours.
Summer II Mon/Wed Evening Courses: Meet July 8 to Aug 15 include 2 FRIDAYS: July 12, July 26 at the regularly scheduled hours.
Summer II Tues/Thurs Evening Courses: Meet July 9 to Aug 15 include 2 FRIDAYS: July 19 and August 12 at the regularly scheduled hours.
Related Programs: M.S. in Engineering Management, Online MBA
Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of the information presented in this catalog. However, the Division of Graduate, Online & Professional Studies reserves the right to implement new rules and regulations and to make changes of any nature to its program, calendar, procedures, standards, degree requirements, academic schedules (including, without limitations, changes in course content and class schedules), locations, tuition and fees. Whenever possible, appropriate notice of such changes will be given before they become effective.